Priority 4: Support sustainable urban development
Supporting energy efficiency and renewable energy use in public infrastructure, including public buildings and housing
Increasing energy efficiency in residential and public lighting systems in urban areas
– Improving insulation and waterproofing building envelope (exterior walls, windows, carpentry, floor upper floor above the basement), roofs and shells including building measures;
– Modernization of heating: repair / replacement boiler block / scale; purchase and installation of alternative systems of energy production from renewable sources – solar thermal electric solar panels, heat pumps and / or biomass boilers, etc .;
– Replacement of fluorescent and incandescent lighting in common areas with lighting with high energy efficiency and long life;
– Any other activities that lead to the achievement achieving project objectives (replacing elevators and electrical circuits in the common areas – stairs, basement, works dismantling facilities and equipment installed, repair facades etc.).
– Replacement of incandescent lighting street lighting through the use of energy efficient lamps, long life and comfort care, including through the rehabilitation of electrical installations – poles, networks, etc .;
– Purchase / installation of telemetering systems of public lighting;
– Extension / reunification public lighting in urban areas;
– Any other activities that lead to the achievement achieving project objectives
The beneficiaries of this investment priorities will be in partnership with local authorities homeowners associations (energy efficiency measures for residential buildings) and local authorities (measures for public lighting).
Promote strategies to reduce carbon dioxide emissions for all types of territories, in particular urban areas, including the promotion of sustainable urban mobility plans and relevant measures to mitigate adjustments
– Ensure access to public and private transport system for all citizens;
– Improving safety and security in transport and reduce accidents;
– Reduce air pollution and noise pollution, emissions of greenhouse gases and energy consumption;
– Increasing the attractiveness and improve the environment and spatial urban areas;
– Development of infrastructure for non-motorized means of transport.
– Modernization / rehabilitation / expansion of electric transport routes
– Modernization of existing electric rolling stock (trams).
– Modernization / rehabilitation related to public transport depots and related technical infrastructure.
– Development of separate tracks exclusive to public transport vehicles.
– Improving existing public transport stations, including stations and building new intermodal terminals for public transportation.
– Construction / modernization / rehabilitation of tracks / routes for cyclists and related technical infrastructure (rental points)
– Creation of areas and pedestrian paths, including measures to reduce car traffic in certain areas
– Development of video monitoring systems based on innovative tools and efficient traffic management.
– Development of systems for e – ticketing for travel and parking.
– Construction / modernization / rehabilitation of road infrastructure (corridors served by public transport) to improve safety and efficiency in the movement and operation of the transport network
– Realization of park and ride schemes type
– Development of sustainable urban mobility plans / strategies to reduce carbon emissions
– Development of forest plantations, trees alineamente (large CO2 retention)
– Development of bypasses in small and medium towns, as an urban street, to divert transit vehicles and heavy traffic.
Beneficiaries under this priority will be investment in urban local authorities (possibly in partnership with the public transport operator).
Actions to improve the urban environment, urban revitalization, restoration and remediation of polluted sites and promoting measures to reduce noise
In order to promote regeneration and revitalization of urban areas will be funded activities
• Construction / rehabilitation / modernization of buildings to accommodate various social activities,
Community, culture, recreation and sport, etc .;
• Creation / rehabilitation / modernization of urban public spaces (streets modernized, including rehabilitation / modernization of public utilities, green areas undeveloped, abandoned land, pedestrian and shopping areas, etc.);
Beneficiaries under this priority investment will be local public authorities and institutions in urban areas.